Monday, February 1, 2010

Fashion Design Meets Social Media

I have to admit a deep dark secret – possibly my most favorite part of awards shows are the dresses (sometimes, I refer to them as costumes because "dress" seems a little far fetched). There are so many interesting textures, colors, and shapes – inspiring for any artist. This year's Grammy awards was no exception. I was blown away to realize one of the dresses was a "Twitter Dress".


Artist Imogen Heap wore a dress created in part by its own Twitter feed using the hashtag #twitdress. Not only did she allow her fans the opportunity to join her on stage, she shared their Twitter photos with the viewing world.


Don't believe me? Read about it here: http://mashable.com/2010/01/31/grammys-imogen-heap-twitdress


Welcome to the 21st century – where new trends blend fashion design and social media.


No comments:

Post a Comment