Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grilled Cheese Invitational


Who knew people would show up in droves for the most classic of sammich grilling competitions?



Certainly not me. I had no idea when I woke up to a beautiful Southern California Saturday morning that I would be standing in line for hours simply for the chance to vote on the best Grilled Cheese sammich ever. I stood among thousands of Angelenos willing to walk into the cage of toasty cheese, butter and bread – to revel in the fanatics striving for the perfect toast-iness, the right combination of chees-iness, and the complete satisfaction of watching people enjoy their sumptuous feast – all to win the coveted cheesy trophy.





I walked away from this fabulous event in awe of the many chefs and their amazing concoctions, and a little more crispy (having outlasted my sunscreen).

No comments:

Post a Comment